Thursday, October 28, 2010

Back in my darling Shire. Forgive me for not explaining sooner that I was to return for a short hiatus in the home county, but the last week or so has been rather hectic what with a new found... No not love this time, but a new found hobby! 


Watching rowing, or rather sculling, is the most delightful past-time and gives me the opportunity to meet so many esteemed gentlemen. No one was more surprised than I to find that I had an interest in sport! And not just the delectable view that comes with it, but it is so competitive and I do love to bet on the races, I think they are called Heads or Regattas, and it is a great honour to be a patron to more than just the Arts.


But before I continue with that vein of thought I should probably expand on the situation with the Earls. 


I was reprimanded by the cowardly Earl of Steel City's gracious wife for my behaviour. Rightly so I might add, but it was nonetheless rather embarrassing! I know I've said this before but I am going to stay away from married men, or at least not get involved unless it is the matter of my heart. All is fair in love and war, or so it is said. 


Apparently she knew about this 'proposition' herself; she had hinted to her husband that Steel City needed some Southern influences from my parents and she had heard about my reputation (gasp) and wanted to use her husband to win me round. Little did she realise that eventually I'd win him round with my ever-so-subtle charms and he eventually failed to mention more than the word 'proposition'.


I almost feel sorry for her. She knows that she has married a fool but he has wealth and secured her future and her property in Steel City. Why is it that this great Lady (for I cannot deny what she is) is hindered so by a bumbling husband? 


My other Earl, Scottish to the very core, is still down South. In the same county as I am. And is pestering me for... A relationship is too strong a word at the moment but definitely relations of sorts. And hopefully I will be able to collect my ring with this visit. Apparently his sister noticed it the other day so he has resorted to keeping it on his person. Or so he says. But after the disastrous understanding of the Head Architect's intentions I daren't expect anything!


I am home for now and am disappointed to be missing out on the lovely University boys rowing this week, but I fear that if I watch them too often I may become something of a spectacle myself! I would promise to try and behave, but I don't like telling falsehoods!









D. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment