Monday, July 09, 2012

I have returned to the Convent and already I feel that I have too many regrets in my life.

Normally I love to live life to the full and take on any misdemeanours as an adventurous experience, however the judgement that I have to cope with from the priets here is rather difficult. I know I have come to atone for my sins, but the guilt I feel for some of the antics from last summer is somewhat crushing and I dread to think the hours I will have to spend on my knees praying for forgiveness.

It was wonderful to see the nun, she hasn't changed at all and we laughed (probably more than we should have while in a Convent) at the year that has passed.

A complete surprise was the appearance of a dear friend from up North... Her dark curly hair was instantly recognisable, but I could hardly comprehend as to why Belle was in a Convent! Obviously it was an absolute pleasure to see her, but we haven't had the time alone together to talk about why she isn't up North (and with the Gameskeeper).

Talking of lover's, my darling Captain has sent me a letter keeping in touch with a lot more ease than the previous month. He repeats how much he misses me, how the beaches that we used to spend gorgeous evenings together remind him of me, and that he is to begin some travels.

I miss him so much, I want him to visit but I can't expect a nineteen-year old to journey to the otherside of the world... Can I?

Another surprise visit was from the brunette! I had no idea she was returning to the green lands of England, but of course it was a delight to spend time with her. She is not here for long though, and we have already parted ways. Unfortunately she was not interested enough to join the Convent, (and honestly I don't really blame her) but of course seeing her reminded me of the Captain...

My previous amour has kept in contact since the other night and though I am longing to give in to my desires I may have to wait until after my time at the Convent. This is definitely not how I want to spend the rest of my life.



D. S.

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear Duchess! A few questions, I am a tad bit confused... Do U work at the Convent as a teacher, are U a nun, or are U trying 2decide whether 2be a nun? I have a feeling its the 1st answer, but I don't really know. I know U have been spending time with Ur friend, a nun; and also time with Ur friend, the brunette. Always good: many times friends can give us wise counsel, tho they don't perhaps know the exact cause of our distress! Friends are wonderful, all the time, but especially when we are confused. Another question dear: are U Catholic? Or Church of England? Do both require "confession" and "penance"? I'm so sorry U feel as if U will have 2do "hours on Ur knees" asking for forgiveness from our Creator. He loves us so much Duchess, U cud just ask Him, He is so willing 2forgive, and "2throw our sins as far as the east is from the west, in2 the deepest waters". But of course that is Ur decision. I am just talking off the top of my head. I am non-denominational, and we believe we can speak 2 Our Heavenly Father strait-up, without the need for an intercessor. I just happen 2think that Ur a very good person Duchess, and I hate 2see U tearing Urself up over the events of last summer. U r human. And U r loved. Another question: is the Captain 19 yrs old? I guess when I heard "Captain", I was thinking someone older. My misunderstanding, haha! And finally, I loved this in Ur post: "take on any misdemeanours as an adventurous experience" - exactly! An adventurous experience, and I say the more the better! Enjoy them while Ur young dear Duchess. Until next time, with love, and don't beat Urself over the head! -Ellen, @bayviewgirl

    ReplyDelete