Saturday, November 29, 2014

My first week in a brand new location as a brand new educator, making the most of my new role (which I can say no more about) has been fabulous. I wish I could divulge more but it is not my place to say, other than I am enjoying my Royal charge duties as a Lady-in-Waiting.

The northern counties have always been good to me, but this time round I definitely feel as if I am in more control than ever before. I've always been somewhat demanding and stubborn (you may feel a twinge of pity for the Duke of Albany and his unlimited patience) but I don't think I'd have got to where I am without those personality traits. 

I do miss the northern ladies who I graced the city with last month for we have all gone our separate ways, and though we are all on similar journeys we have to do this part all on our own. I wish them the very best and I hope to hear from them soon, though Christmas will no doubt be an even bigger distraction.

Ahh, Christmas... It seems that Africa is off the cards and I have to admit that I am more than a little disappointed not to return to the land of my heart. But it means the Duke and I can plan our jaunt across the Continent to the Austro-Hungarian Empire and wander through the historic streets of our ancestors. Actually... I can't wait!



D. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment